Calisthenics Home Gym Ideas 2024: How Jay Built a Home Gym for $1,420
- Get inspired by Jay’s budget-friendly calisthenics home gym idea, built for just $1,420, and customize your own gym to cater to your unique training style and preferences.
- Looking for a workout style that won’t cause unnecessary strain on your joints? Follow in Jay’s footsteps and choose calisthenics for a low-impact and effective way to maintain your fitness goals.
Jay, an Advanced EMT (Advanced Emergency Medical Technician) working in Las Vegas, had the desire to build a home gym where he could focus on his fitness goals without any distractions.
Being an introverted extrovert, he longed for a peaceful and comfortable environment to train in, which prompted him to embark on this home gym project.
The Idea of a Home Gym
Jay enjoyed going to the public gym a few years back, but he felt that a home gym would better suit his training style.
He admired the culture of home gym builders, who shared a similar mindset as him. Building a home gym would allow him to create an environment that catered to his needs and preferences.
The Process of Building the Home Gym
Building the home gym was a relatively easy task for Jay. He did not have to make any significant changes to the building, apart from arranging the space to his liking.
However, the most challenging aspect of building the home gym was setting up the floor mats. Ensuring that the mats fit perfectly into the corners required some effort. Similarly, aligning the posters perfectly was also a bit of a struggle.
Calisthenics Home Gym
Jay chose a calisthenics style of workout due to its simplicity. He liked the fact that he could move around easily and pack everything up if he needed to. Additionally, calisthenics was his favorite way of staying in shape without overly stressing his joints.
Jay prefers to do calisthenics and dumbbell workouts, following an Upper/Lower split routine.
Calisthenics Home Gym Equipment
- Calisthenics Bar: The Big Bar from BaseBlocks $280
- Bench: Titan FID Single Post Adjustable Bench $290
- Dumbbells: NordicTrack Adjustable dumbbells $350
- Dip Bars: Lebert Dip Bars $110
- Rings: Gymnastic Rings $30
- Home Gym Flooring: Rubber floor mats $360
Total Calisthenics Home Gym Setup = $1,420