How Julien Monetized His Fitness Passion with a $15k Home Gym Investment
- Discover how Julien transformed his fitness passion and expertise into a thriving home gym business with a $15k investment
- Building a home gym and using it to generate income can be a profitable business idea for fitness enthusiasts, as shown by Julien’s success story.
Julien, a personal trainer from Belgium, started his fitness journey in a commercial home gym where he worked for three years. However, his passion for fitness led him to build his own home gym and pursue his dream of owning a personal training business and space.
During the pandemic, Julien decided to pursue his dream of owning a personal gym, after having been involved in bodybuilding for a decade and working in a gym for three years. With lots of research, money and time invested, he started his own training business: Slaughtergym
Initially, the home gym was set up to accommodate everyone, but Julien’s aspirations have grown, and he now seeks to invest in specific machines designed for bodybuilding and muscle building.
According to Julien, it’s very important to invest in high-quality equipment right from the start, rather than starting with smaller equipment that will deteriorate over time. The primary challenge that Julien faces is the availability of space and money; however, he is confident that these issues will be resolved in due course with the growth of his business.
Julien is currently combining his job at a commercial gym with his personal training business. He’s currently charging about $30 per session or $250 for 10 sessions and is very positive about the future of his gym.
How to Build a Home Gym and Make Money with Personal Training Services
If you’re a fitness enthusiast with an entrepreneurial spirit, building a home gym and using it to generate income can be a profitable business idea. As we’ve seen with Julien, creating a personal training business from your home gym can be an excellent way to turn your passion for fitness into a lucrative venture.
One way to monetize your home gym is by offering personal training services to clients. With a fully equipped gym at your disposal, you can provide high-quality fitness coaching services to individuals seeking to get in shape, build muscle, or improve their overall physical fitness. By leveraging social media and online marketing techniques, you can promote your services and attract clients for online or in-person coaching.
Another way to generate income from your home gym is by creating and selling fitness programs. You can leverage your expertise and experience to design home gym workout plans that cater to specific fitness goals, such as weight loss, muscle building, or strength training.
Home Gym Equipment
- Rack: Titanium Strength 340P Heavy Duty Power Cage with pulley $825
- Smith Machine: Titanium Strength 160SC Linear Bearing Smith Machine $995
- Pulley: Titanium Strength Tap Dual Adjustable Pulley $1,795
- Upper body: ATX Fitness Triplex MultiGym with Bench $1,400
- Lower body:
- NordicTrack Smart Rower Machine $1,300
- Fitness Doctor X Trail 3 Treadmill $600
- Barbells: ATX Barbells (Approx $250 each)
- Weight Plates:
- Dumbbells: Various
- Kettlebells: Varios
- Free Standing Boxing Punching Bob
- Misc: Sandbags, resistance bands, yoga mats, yoga balls, fridge, foldable squat rack…
- Flooring: Gym Puzzle Foam Mats
Total Home Gym Cost = $15,000