Home Gym Office Combo Idea: Mike’s $14,000 Dream Basement

  • Learn how Mike went from dad bod with IBS and insomnia to top tier fitness
  • Mike built a dream home gym and office in the basement of his new house
Home gym and office basement ideas Mike
Home gym and office basement ideas Mike

Meet Mike Rife, a devoted fitness enthusiast, proud father of three, and a remote sales representative for a London-based payments company.

His fitness journey began when he experienced a health scare five years ago, which made him realize the importance of maintaining good health.

Building a Home Gym and Office With Minimal Space

After building his new home, Mike knew that he wanted to have his home gym and office in the same space. However, he faced a challenge – limited space in his basement, with only 150 square feet available for gym equipment. But Mike is not one to back down from a challenge.

He made the most of the available space and equipped his gym with the best gear that takes up minimal room.

Not only does he have top-notch equipment like a smith machine, but he’s also taken things to the next level with a sauna and cold plunge in his garage.

Training Routine and Recovery

His gym routine involves heavy lifting three times a week, with a focus on stability using the smith machine and cables. This allows him to lift heavy enough to make progress without the risk of injury.

On his recovery days, Mike kicks off his routine with light cardio before indulging in a luxurious 30-40 minutes in the sauna, followed by a refreshing 3-4 minutes in 40-degree water cold plunge, and finishing with a sunbathing session for 20 minutes.

Mike’s Fitness and Nutrition advice

It’s all about what you can keep up long term. Don’t change too much at one time, focus on one change until it becomes a habit then add another. 

Regarding nutrition, 80% of his diet is from real foods from nature, the remaining 20% can be powders and bars, etc.

2-4 distinct meals per day depending on activity level (no snacking), 1g of protein per pound you weigh.

Mike’s recommended supplements: multivitamins, omega 3, vitamin D (in winter) and probiotics

Mike’s dedication to fitness is truly impressive, and he proves that with a little creativity and resourcefulness, anyone can have a fully functional and effective home gym.

Mike rife journey
Mike rife journey

Home Gym Office Combo Photos

Basement Home Gym Setup Idea
Basement Home Gym Setup Idea
Basement Home Gym and Office Ideas
Basement Home Gym and Office Ideas
Mobvoi Home Treadmill
Mobvoi Home Treadmill
Inspire SCS Smith Cage System Home Gym
Inspire SCS Smith Cage System Home Gym
Office Home Gym Ideas
Office Home Gym Ideas
Cold plunge and sauna home gym
Cold plunge and sauna home gym

Home Gym Equipment

Total Home Gym Cost = $14,000

How To Turn a Chest Freezer Into a Cold Plunge

From Mike’s tweet:

Here’s how:

1. Seal cracks and drain with clear silicon

2. Plug freezer into temperature controller

3. Add water and enjoy!

Pro Tips: – shower first so water stays fresh – add hydrogen peroxide to water after each use – unplug before getting in – use pool pump to drain

Mike Rife

❓Questions? Need Help?

Got any questions for us or the home gym owner? Need a hand or some sick advice on setting up your home gym?

Hit us up at hi@gymnirvana.com , we’re all about home gym ideas!

✉️ Newsletter – Click to join the community!

Email
Success! you just subscribed 🙂
There has been some error while submitting the form. Please verify all form fields again.

< Home