Home Gym Shed Ideas: Marks Rogue and Rep Fitness $12,000 Setup
- Build Your Dream Home Gym: Mark’s Amish-Built Shed Featuring Rogue and Rep Fitness Equipment
- Get Fit in Style: Mark’s Incredible $12,000 Home Gym Shed Setup
Meet Mark, a 53-year-old chemical engineer who graduated first in his college class. Married man and five cats dad.
Mark was always the smart and skinny kid but after witnessing older people falling and breaking their hips in the news, he knew he needed to take action to avoid the same fate.
In 2021, he built the home gym after working out with dumbbells for 1.5 years in his bedroom.
His workout programming follows the Juggernaut AI app, and he likes to alternate between powerlifting and powerbuilding.
Home Gym Challenges
The biggest challenge he faced during the build was figuring out how to arrange the equipment to his liking. It took a few iterations to get it right, and he even had to drill a couple of holes to get his Ares to work.
For anyone starting out, Mark recommends beginning with an adjustable dumbbell set to determine if they enjoy weight training before investing in a more comprehensive setup.
Additionally, he advises against going into debt for a home gym setup and instead suggests paying cash, as he did for his own gym.
Home Gym Equipment
The home gym is built in an Amish built shed with electricity and heating/cooling. Mark recommends a garage shed with an insulated door as it puts the joist spacing closer and is great for a place to load the equipment into the building.
Home Gym Shed: The shed cost $6,000 before upgrades and around $12,000 After electric, insulation, drywall and climate control.
- Rack: Rep Fitness PR 5000 rack with Ares Attachment Pulldown System(and upgraded weight) $4800
- Bench: Rogue Adjustable AB-3 Bench $950 and Rep Fitness FB-5000 Competition Bench $240
- Barbells: Rogue and Kabuki Strength barbells
- Dumbbells: Rep Fitness Urethane dumbbells $1,600 and IronMaster Adjustable Dumbbells $700
- Dumbbells storage: Rep Fitness Dumbbell Rack $210
- Weight Plates: Rogue training bumper plates and Rep Fitness Urethane Equalizer plates
- Rogue deadlift platform with flooring $880
- Rogue Box Squat box $350
- DC Blocks
- Abmat various products
- Flooring: Horse stall mats.
- Accessories: Pulley System Accessories, Elastic Bands, Drop Pads, Rep Pylo Box…
Total Home Gym Cost Approx = $12,000 Equipment + $12,000 Shed = $24,000