New Home Gym Builder? Start Here
If you’re interested in building a home gym, you’ve come to the right place! Building a home gym can be a great way to prioritize your health and spend more time with your family. In this post, we’ll cover some essential garage gym ideas that will help you kick start your own home gym.
TL;DR New Home Gym Builders – Start Here
- Start by assessing your fitness goals and creating a list of equipment you’ll need to achieve them.
- Invest in high-quality equipment that is built to last and can be easily expanded or modified over time.
- Don’t forget about flooring! It’s essential to protect your equipment and your floors, and it can also help absorb noise and reduce vibration.
- Consider the size and layout of your space when choosing equipment. Make sure you have enough room to move and exercise comfortably, and plan for any necessary electrical or plumbing modifications.
- Take advantage of free resources like online workout programs and YouTube videos to help guide your workouts and keep you motivated.
- If you’re not confident in your ability to assemble and install equipment, consider hiring a professional.
- Plan for proper ventilation and lighting to make your gym as comfortable and functional as possible.
- Finally, be patient and don’t rush the process. Building a home gym can be a significant investment, so take the time to research and plan carefully to ensure you create a space that will meet your needs for years to come.
Building a Home Gym Tips
Empty your space
Before you begin, it’s a good idea to declutter your garage, room or whatever space you’ll use for your home gym.
You’ll be surprised by how much more space you have once you get rid of all the unnecessary stuff.
List for sale any items you don’t need to make some extra money for your home gym budget.
Set up flooring – gym mats
Once you’ve cleared out your space, it’s time to set up your home gym mats.
The best mats for a home gym are thick rubber stall mats (AKA horse tall mats), which can be found online.
These mats are heavy and awkward to move, so make sure you have a way to transport them.
Start with the basics
When building your home gym, start with the basics:
- Quality barbell
- Weight plates
- Set of dumbbells.
As you save up and better understand your needs, you can add more equipment like a rack for pull-ups, bench pressing, and squatting.
Invest in quality equipment
When it comes to gym equipment, quality is key.
Cheap equipment may seem like a good idea, but it won’t last long and you’ll end up replacing it often.
Look for deals on quality equipment online and check out sales (like Black Friday). Good quality equipment is built to last, search marketplaces for used equipment if you’re on a budget.
Quality home gym brands are some like: Rogue, REP, Titan…
Take advantage of free shipping
Gym equipment is heavy heavy and shipping can be expensive.
Look for companies that offer free shipping or purchase from Amazon stores whenever possible.
Use your walls
Don’t clutter up your floor space with equipment.
Hang items like racks, dip bars, and weight plates on the wall to keep your home gym organized and maximize your floor space.
By following these home gym ideas, you can build your own home gym that fits your budget and training style.
So, get started on your fitness journey today!